Skip to main content
The Dean of Students at UCC  is photographed alongside the recipients of the Peacan Scholarship, along with several members of the Student Financial Support Office (STUFSO).


Pecan Energies Ghana Limited (PEGL), an oil company started the scholarship program in 2022 for tertiary students. They also gave opportunities to Senior High School students from 2012 till the initiation and commencement of the Free Senior High School Education.

Pecan Energies has 71 beneficiaries, with 11 from the University of Cape Coast (UCC), 5 from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and the rest being students from senior high schools.

The scholarship package includes a laptop, a stipend of Three Thousand Ghana Cedis, and tuition reimbursement. Accommodation for students with special needs may be included in the package on the occasion.

PEGL sponsors approximately 95% of students from the coastal district of Ghana's Western Region, with the remaining 5% coming from other areas in other regions. However, acting on behalf of students from such areas which are affected by the project is their focus.

Pecan Energies has established a collaborative partnership with the Students' Financial Support Office, UCC. The office will assist Pecan Energies in gathering critical information for the scholarship process, particularly signing and verifying results in order to process scholarships for students. They are looking forward to working with the Students' Financial Support Office and UCC as a whole to provide the best service possible to their beneficiaries.